Let me start by saying that I am not a football fan, but My Other Half is a die-hard Giants fan, and yes, he was thrilled with the victory last night. I try to be as supportive as possible.
Even though I know nothing about the sport, I always take interest in important games. I like having an excuse to get together with friends and eat good food every year for the Super Bowl. This year, however, we opted to be reclusive and have our own Super Bowl party – for two!
We retreated to the “man cave” (also known as the basement) with all sorts of unhealthy snacks and drinks. My Other Half stepped up to the plate and made a fantastic dip he found on Pinterest (no, he does not have his own account, but he pins things using mine. To see his hilarious personal board, click here).
- 1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 lb Velveeta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 of 8-oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes & green chilies, undrained
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Microwave ingredients in microwaveable bowl on high for 5 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Adapted from Busy Mommy
Our only criticism of the dip is that we wished we’d added chopped jalapenos for some extra kick. But we loved the consistency and ingredients. I had never heard of Velveeta before seeing this recipe – it’s always cool to try something new!
Stay tuned for another post about on the dip-making craze I’ve been on! Yum!