If you haven’t already noticed… I love chipotle.
One of my very favourite things are chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I encountered them when I first made my Mexican Meatloaf. Since then, I’ve been hooked. I stock up on them regularly.
I love the flavour – spicy and smokey, and deliciously Mexican.
I also love steak. So this salad was a match made in heaven. And it really couldn’t be easier.
- Lettuce of your choice (I used red leaf)
- Steak (enough for the number of servings – we like top sirloin)
- 1 tomato, slivered
- 1/2 red onion, slivered
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup light mayo
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- Arrange your lettuce, tomatoes, onions and green peppers on plates. Grill your steak to your liking (we prefer our steak on the rare side) and slice as thinly as possible. You can add seasonings before grilling too (My Other Half and I typically just use salt and pepper, which creates a crispy texture). Lay the steak on the salad. As the steak is cooking, put 1 cup of light mayo in food processor and add the chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. Process until no chunks remain. Taste the dressing – if it’s not spicy enough, feel free to add more adobo sauce. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
- Adapted from The Pioneer Woman
Could that be any easier? And you should have some dressing leftovers for other salads, which is great too… maybe try is on a taco salad – yum!