Yeah yeah yeah, I’m obsessed with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I know.
My favourite sauce ever, Chipotle BBQ Sauce, which is used for my favourite pasta, has proven to be more useful than I originally thought. I’ve used it for many things, including to bake salmon. Yum!
I now keep a jar of the sauce in the fridge almost all the time. Then, if I get a craving for chipotle… it’s right there!
This salmon is moist, fiery and mouth-wateringly delicious. And almost instant, if you already have the sauce made. So good.
- Chipotle-Glazed Baked Salmon
- Salmon fillets (as many as you need)
- Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce of your choice
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chile flakes
- 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- Make the chipotle sauce first. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate for up to two weeks. Baste the salmon fillets in the sauce and refrigerate for at least an hour. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook salmon for 10-15 minutes, depending on how you like it. When it flakes in the centre, it’s done (in my opinion). Serve alongside a yummy salad (the one photographed above is spinach, fig goat cheese, strawberries, almonds and poppy seed dressing).