Y’all gon make me lose my mind, up in here, up in here…
Yes, I just quoted DMX. And that makes three pop culture references on the blog in one month.
What I’m trying to say is this: we lost our minds when we tried this recipe. And you will too.
After a long and healthy hiatus from my buffalo chicken obsession, we are back in business. And I just took things to a whole new level, turning North American’s favourite comfort food into a mouth-watering taste buds explosion.
I made this buffalo chicken mac & cheese as part of our Football Sunday Recipe Challenge. We ate it for lunches all week. Yum yum yum!
- 1 lb. pasta (I used orecchiette), cooked & drained
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (or shredded)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 6 tbsps butter
- 1.5 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- More buffalo sauce and ranch dressing (for garnish)
- Heat butter in a pot. Add flour once the butter is melted and bubbly. Whisk together and cook for a couple minutes – until golden. Add the milk and 2 cups of cheese and turn down the heat, stirring. When smooth, add the buffalo sauce. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and distribute the pasta and cooked chicken evenly. Pour cheese sauce over top. When everything is covered, sprinkle panko and remaining 1 cup of cheese over top. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Garnish with more buffalo sauce and ranch dressing!
Adapted from Pearls, Handcuffs & Happy Hour