On Easter Sunday, I was lucky enough to FaceTime with my entire family as they sat down to dinner. I even said Grace with them! It was lovely. Made me miss them even more, though.
My Uncle Bob, who is definitely the most talented chef in the family, was there and asked what I was making for supper. I told him about this recipe – Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad – and he immediately said “What’s with your buffalo obsession?”
Yeah, about that…
I admit we have been on a kick. But in all fairness, this is only the fifth buffalo-related recipe on The Domestic Blonde. And I’ve had the blog for 2.5 years. That’s not too much, is it? Three of the recipes have been in 2013, though…
The other buffalo recipes on the blog are:
- Buffalo Chicken Dip (Amazing. I want this every day… but I would be 300 lbs.)
- Buffalo Chicken Cups (Almost too cute to eat. Almost.)
- Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Salad (The easiest meal on the planet. I kid you not.)
- Buffalo Chicken Fries (This is like buffalo chicken poutine… on crack.)
And today, I am adding a fifth and it’s just as mouth-wateringly delicious as the rest of the recipes listed above.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup regular breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 head lettuce
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Crumbled blue cheese, to taste (optional)
- 5 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoon creamy blue cheese dressing
- 1 tablespoon buffalo wing sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top, spraying it with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk together eggs and buffalo wing sauce. Separately, stir together panko, breadcrumbs, onion powder and flour. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, then into the breadcrumbs, pressing gently make the coating stick. Place on the wire rack. Give the chicken a spritz with cooking spray, then bake for 25 minutes. To make the dressing, whisk together the ranch, blue cheese and buffalo wing sauce. Arrange lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green onion and avocado on two plates. Add chicken on top. Drizzle with salad dressing and top with blue cheese.
- Adapted from How Sweet Eats
You have endless options with the salad here. I just so happened to have those ingredients in my fridge, so that’s what I used, but I’m sure carrot, red onion and peppers would be yummy too.
Another buffalo chicken recipe for the books! More to come, eventually, I’m sure…