Some you of might remember me mentioning my sweet & spicy cucumber salad before.
But I have never shared the recipe directly on the blog. Today, I’m changing that!
I recently made the recipe for probably the 6th time for my cousin De’s potluck at work (yes, I make her potluck items for her when she’s tired after a long day. Yes, I am the best cousin ever). Anyway, it was a hit, as I knew it would be… and I figured I should probably share the recipe.
This is a crowd-pleaser and simple to make. And, you can guarantee no duplicates at a potluck! Plus, it’s got a hint of Thai… and boy, do I love my Thai food!
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsps vingear
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 English cucumbers, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, stir sugar with vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil and salt until sugar is dissolved. In a large, shallow dish, mix cucumbers, jalapenos, red pepper, onions and cilantro. Pour dressing over top and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving, or overnight.