We’re long overdue for mouth-watering cheese dip, don’t you think?
I whole-heartedly agree. It’s been far too long.
Can I just stop for a minute and talk about how much I love canned crab? I know that’s weird. But some of my favourite recipes involve canned crab met. Like this salad and, obviously, this new crab dip.
If you’re new to the blog, let me explain: I’m a former journalist. Actually, I’ll always be a journalist at heart. Which means “breaking news” is only used for the most newsworthy recipes. I do not use the term lightly. When I say “breaking news”, I mean business – stop what you’re doing, pull over, quit your job and get your butt into the kitchen to see for yourself.
Anyway… this dip recipe was a complete accident. I whipped it up one for some close friends… and, well, it blew our minds. I think it’s my favourite dip ever. I know, that’s totally insane, especially with dips like my jalapeno popper one and my buffalo chicken one kickin’ around.
And then I made it again when I hosted a Stella & Dot party recently. It was gone in about 5 minutes. And I was reminded of how unbelievably delicious it is.
- 1 can crab meat, drained
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsps sriracha sauce (or other hot sauce)
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I like white cheddar)
- Mix everything except the panko and half the shredded cheese together and spread in a baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese and then the panko. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with Bugles or tortilla chips.