I’m the dip queen.
Honestly, my favourite thing to make is a cheese dip. Followed closely by soups. And noodles. And anything spicy. But seriously, cheese dips win.
I’m going to have to make an entire section on my recipe page for dips. There are just too many. And they’re some of my most popular recipes, so it makes sense to highlight them.
I’m such a dip aficionado now that I barely use recipes – I just throw whatever I want in a bowl mix it real well, spread it in a baking dish, smother the heck out of it with grated cheese, and bake. Then then devour. My intake of cheese dips is a little out of control. Probably 50% of the time I bring a cheese dip to book club. I think it’s probably how I keep my friends.
Growing up, my Mama would make chip with onion soup mix and a tub of sour cream. It was good! Definitely no worse than the cheap onion dips you can get in the dairy section of the grocery story. So I decided to massively trash up her version and make it HOT. And steamy. And extra cheesy.
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1 tub sour cream (500 ml)
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups grated marble cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Mix everything except 1 cup of shredded cheese in a bowl. Spread in 9x9 baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.