I need a LOT more jalapeño and cheese things in my life.
I had a proud moment recently at Costco. The huge frozen box of jalapeño poppers was on sale. And I walked. right. by.
Yup. I said NO to a sale AND to jalapeño poppers. I am not sure where the self-control came from, but let’s hope its here to stay.
These delicious bad boys just remind me of how long it’s been since I made my favourite Jalapeño Popper Dip. I think the last time I made it was right before Christmas. Too long, my friends, too long.
These are healthier though. I think.
- 12 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 oz shredded cheese (I used marble)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- Slice peppers in half and seed them. Wash your hands thoroughly or you'll regret it later! Mix cheeses and green onions in a bowl. Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl. Fill the peppers with the cheese mixture. One by one, dip the peppers in the egg and then coat in panko mixture, laying on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (or until golden brown).
Adapted from SkinnyTaste.com