I made homemade granola!!!
One of my favourite breakfasts is berry yogurt, granola and some fresh strawberries or blueberries. It’s so refreshing but filling enough to get me properly started on my day.
Especially since we’re getting into berry season, I thought it would be a good idea to try my hand at making it myself, rather than buying it at the bulk barn or just using Harvest Crunch. It was surprisingly easy and every bit as delicious!
I think I will now have a batch on hand all the time now, especially since there are so many varieties to make. In particular, I want to try these:
- Honey Almond Granola from Cookie and Kate
- Banana Nutella Granola from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Chocolate Coconut Granola from Momables
- Maple Cinnamon Granola from Fork Knife Swoon
Give me ALL the granola!!! Maybe I can actually give up buying cereal altogether this way. Except Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Gotta have that.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix oats, walnuts, coconut, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In another bowl, mix coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Pour this over the oat mixture and stir until well coated. Spread mixture in an even layer on the lined baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Check and stir every 10 minutes.
Adapted from Table for Two