Hehehe HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Every now and then, I make something I am so excited about that I Instagram it before blogging about it. And then people are all like “ahhh gimme the recipe!!!” and I can’t because, well… I have to blog about it first.
I actually posted a picture of this dish on Instagram two weeks ago! I’m sorry it took me so long to share the recipe.
Since I’m desperately trying to eat healthier (it’s actually going really well, except for weekends), spaghetti squash has become a staple in our household. I’ve discovered it’s the texture of noodles, which I crave so badly, and spaghetti squash is perfectly satisfying! I have it a few nights a week. Be warned – lots of spaghetti squash recipes are coming your way!
Even though I’m trying to be healthier, I still need my cheese. And my hot sauce. And that’s where this recipe came from. I was desperately craving my Buffalo Chicken Dip on my way home from work a few weeks ago and the idea came to me like some sort of divine transcendence. And all was right in the world.
I’ve actually discovered that you can easily microwave half a spaghetti squash on high for eight minutes and it’s perfectly cooked – it’s every bit as good as when you bake it in the oven, which takes five times longer. So on nights when I’m only feeding myself (which is a lot lately), popping a spaghetti squash half in the microwave while I prepare some sort of sauce is absolutely ideal. I also find half a medium spaghetti squash to be the perfect amount of food for me. Oftentimes there are leftovers for lunch the next day, which is great.
This recipe is super quick, especially if you have already cooked and shredded the chicken. I’ve also made it without chicken and it’s delicious! You can hardly tell it’s meat-free.
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash… you are my new favourite thing!
- 1 small or medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 (4oz) package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 small chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used marble)
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and discard seeds. Place spaghetti squash face-down on a large plate and stab a few small holes into the outside. Microwave on high for 10 minutes (alternatively you can roast them at 400 degrees for 40 minutes). While it’s cooking, heat a small pot and add in the cream cheese, stirring until melted. Add buffalo sauce and stir. Add ranch dressing and shredded chicken breast. Mix well and remove from heat. Using a fork, scrape all the flesh into the middle of each squash. Pour buffalo chicken mixture over top, then sprinkle with cheese. Broil in the oven until cheese is melted, bubbling and golden.
- Note: This recipe is easily doubled or tripled!
Try my other Buffalo Chicken recipes!
- Fried Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Rolls (Only 100 Calories Each!)
- Bacon & Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole
- Buffalo Cauliflower Poppers
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Fingers
- Buffalo Turkey Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
- Crispy Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Fries
- Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Cups
- Buffalo Chicken Dip (the dip that started it all!)