The spaghetti squash saga continues!
Honestly I haven’t been eating it as often as I should be, but I have two baby ones in my fruit bowl ready for this week. I am thinking of my buffalo chicken spaghetti squash and then maybe a goat cheese sauce of some sort…
And yes, I keep non-fruit in my fruit bowl. Like avocados and peppers and things. People might think I’m crazy. I just feel like there are some things that don’t go in the fridge. Like tomatoes. And I know they’re technically a fruit, but COME ON – they do not taste like fruit. At all.
So back to this recipe, which was so easy. I never stop coming up with ideas to use with spaghetti squash – it’s endless! Basically, if you have cheese, you’re all set. I also have like 10 different inspirational pins on my Pinterest using spaghetti squash. Yum.
What do you do with spaghetti squash? I wanna knowwww. Tell me.
You know… I really wish cheese had no calories. Or at least like half. Maybe that’s what I’ll ask for for Christmas.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 avocado
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 1 tbsps chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro and goat cheese, for garnish
- Cook the spaghetti squash the way you normally do (in the oven or in the microwave). While it's cooking, process the avocado, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice in a food processor. Melt the olive oil in frying pan and add the garlic. Add cream/milk, goat cheese and parmesan. Simmer until the cheese has melted and then add the avocado mixture. Season with salt and pepper. When the spaghetti squash is done, scrape the flesh around with a fork. Pour the sauce over each half. Garnish with cilantro and goat cheese and pepper and serve.
- Sauce adapted from Closet Cooking