This recipe is the spawn of my popcorn addiction!
That doesn’t sound very appetizing but it’s hump day so… it is what it is.
My favourite popcorn flavours are completely polar opposite from my favourite chip flavours. I looove sour cream and bacon chips, and jalapeno chips. On the flip side, white cheddar popcorn and sour cream and onion popcorn are the very best. But I would never want sour cream and onion chips. Kapeesh?
Anyway, only recently did I learn that you can make your own sour cream and onion popcorn seasoning! This was the best news. I’ve been using it for a while, and then thought… wouldn’t this be delicious on my crispy oven fries?
Yes. Yes it would be. And it was.
These are my new favourite snack!!! You won’t be able to stop eating them. The fresh dill is amazing. So freakin’ good!
- 2.5 lbs potatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2.5 tbsps powdered buttermilk
- 1.5 tbsps onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/5 tbsps chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsps freshly grated parmesan
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray with non-stick spray. In a large bowl, coat potato wedges with olive oil. In a smaller bowl, mix powdered buttermilk, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and dill. Sprinkle all but 1/4 of the mixture over the potato wedges, tossing to coat. Place potatoes on the wire rack and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes at 450 degrees, then flip. Bake for another 20 minutes or until crispy and golden. Sprinkle with remaining buttermilk mixture and more fresh dill.